Talk

Advanced search

a website that tells you how long a property has been on the market ?

(10 Posts)
RunforFun Tue 04-Oct-11 13:24:24

does anyone know if such a thing exists ?

I went to view a property this morning that I know was on the market in April but the agent told me it had been on since July hmm

angel1976 Tue 04-Oct-11 13:25:41

Property bee. Do a search for it but you need to download the toolbar. Also, I think some agents are clued into how it works and they sometimes take the property off the market and put it back on again so it 'registers' as a new property. But it's still a very good tool for what it does and it's free!

morelovetogive Tue 04-Oct-11 13:28:09

Zoopla tells you when a property was listed if it is listed on there.

ElderberrySyrup Tue 04-Oct-11 13:28:54

yes, unless it has changed agents, in which case the clock gets reset.

If you look on Home.co.uk it says in small letters 'indexed since....'
There is also a small button to click called 'Price History' which shows how long it's been on and any reductions.

If you use Firefox you can download a utility for Rightmove called Property Bee which not only gives price changes, it also tells you any changes to the listing eg in the text.
There's a similar one for Google Chrome but I forget its name.

RunforFun Tue 04-Oct-11 13:29:33

Ooh right thanks. I haven't seen that one !

we have relocated to this area recently and I know we drove past the house the first time we came down in April and it was obviously for sale then.

Interesting about boosting the profile. Naughty naughty !

ElderberrySyrup Tue 04-Oct-11 13:30:40

actually, if you Google a particular property by name, you will often find the remnants of an old listing somewhere on the internet from when it was on with a previous agent; I've found out from that that several properties I've been interested in were actually on a year earlier with a different agent.

RunforFun Tue 04-Oct-11 13:36:29

It was definitely up with the same agent, theres been no change there, and i'd like it to stay with them 'cos they are rubbish !

Not listed on right move or Zoopla and not even in the front window of the shop so all good from a buyers perspective as its keeping a very low profile. The pictures are awful, its very dated and a project house as an old lady lives there who is probably blissfully unaware of how much better her house could be marketed. Still asking all the money though !! Will keep you posted if i manage to find out from property bee exactly how long its been on.

Thromdimbulator Tue 04-Oct-11 13:41:17

You can also sometimes catch properties that have changed agent or withdrawn from the market for a while with no sale (for example, taken off over Christmas) in Rightmove. There are tabs across the top - go to "house prices" then "Price Comparison Report" type in the relevant postcode and narrow the other search fields as much as possible - e.g. this area only, choose house or flat etc. The No Longer on the Market section that comes at the bottom of the search can be quite revealing. For example, attempts have been made to sell the house we rent, along with the neighbours houses right back since 2007 with no takers. It can also help you see the difference between asking and achieved price for completed sales. It's not fool proof though - think some agents have found ways to dodge it.

ElderberrySyrup Tue 04-Oct-11 13:50:41

nice one Thromdibulator, I didn't know about that.

aylsham Tue 04-Oct-11 19:22:13

try www.propertysnake.co.uk - this lists houses that have dropped their prices and gives info on how long it's been on the market and the various price drops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now