Talk

Advanced search

How much do you think this house would cost to renovate?

(12 Posts)
friggFRIGG Fri 30-Sep-11 19:15:14

im guessing it'll need a new kitchen and bathroom,lots of paint,some carpet but i'd like exposed floorboards,so whatever work that would need....

we'd be using Ikea/cheap/sale items for the big jobs...waddaya reckon?

clickedy link

sixtiesqueen Fri 30-Sep-11 21:14:33

The photos aren't very good - I would think it might need rewiring/new central heating/plumbing. Is the roof ok?

We had quotes of 3.5 - 4k to rewire a 3 bed detached with livng room,dining room and kitchen. The central heating would have been about 5-6k to replace.

I think £15k would do this house for you but that would be the basics and basic kitchen/bathroom. My friend fitted a bottom of the range Wckes kitchen for about £3k and it looks good.

SazZaVoom Fri 30-Sep-11 21:17:30

Not sure about the renovation, but for the area it seems a bit toppy on price in that condition on a very busy road

friggFRIGG Fri 30-Sep-11 21:17:32

i knew the moment i reposted,some lovely person would reply to me here! im going to get told off now!

thankyou!
we dont know much about it,was thinking of going to see it next week...

friggFRIGG Fri 30-Sep-11 21:17:58

oh,do you think....hmmm

SazZaVoom Fri 30-Sep-11 21:20:46

Do you know the location? From the look of it, it is right on the A46. On the upside it has the best takeaway curry house in the area very close grin

friggFRIGG Fri 30-Sep-11 21:21:43

15k is doable BTW...so we're going to go and see it.
the other things we like are 20-50k out of our rangeblush

friggFRIGG Fri 30-Sep-11 21:22:08

niiiice,i do like currygrin

SazZaVoom Fri 30-Sep-11 21:25:00

here you go. It does fantastic vegetarian curries - I am not vegetarian but think they are lovely.

Do you live in the area now?

friggFRIGG Fri 30-Sep-11 23:29:59

oooh,we are vegetarian! so thats even better!

nope we dont live there yet,hope to soon though!
do you live nearby?is it as nice an area as im hoping?grin

ischangepossible Sat 01-Oct-11 18:34:13

rewiring, central heating, new kitchen & bathroom and new front brick wall - at least 15K-20K. Check the roof on the back extension, check if windows need replacing (although they look upvc and new'ish) and the condition of the walls, they may need replastering.Also look for signs of damp and any structural problems, like cracks on the walls.

It will cost more than you think..sadly it's always the way! Do obviously get a ful survey if you are planning to offer on it - never go for just a house valuation

SazZaVoom Sun 02-Oct-11 19:32:19

I live about 5 miles away outside of the town. If you can, visit on a Saturday morning and then head into the farmers market in town. If you can, stop for lunch at Woodruffs - allegedly the oldest purely vegetarian cafe in the country. Be warned though, it is expensive but the food is delicious.

If you manage to go in then, you will get a feel for the vibe of the town smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now