Talk

Advanced search

What colour to paint bedroom?

(4 Posts)
Lillyofthevalley Thu 29-Sep-11 22:56:28

Absolutely crap at choosing colours - nearly whole house is beige / cream which I am fed up with.

New bedroom suite on order which is contempoary style and in Walnut.

Room is quite large, two windows and has a beige/cream carpet (which can't be replaced as it runs through the house)

What colours to paint? (don't 'do' wallpaper) Want a calm / relaxing effect which is not too dark. Only colour DH and I have agreed on is green, although we can't agree on the shade.

I like Dulux 'graceful green' teamed with 'engraved locket' whereas DH likes 'Willow tree' teamed with 'Apple white' - which to me is too fresh.

Would these choices go with the carpet / walnut etc? What colour curtains? (I was thinking Ivory curtains)

Anyone got any suggestions?

Lillyofthevalley Thu 29-Sep-11 22:58:24

Forgot to say it does not have to be green, just only colour we can both agree on at the mo as we are both crap at this ;o)

beachyhead Thu 29-Sep-11 23:00:32

Try Bone from Farrow and Ball. Green or Light brown in a different light......

minipie Fri 30-Sep-11 12:34:04

We have Little Greene Co's French Grey Pale and I love it. It's a pale slightly bluey grey. Very calm. French Grey Mid is a slightly darker version (like you'd expect given the name smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now