Talk

Advanced search

extending a house....with dogs, cats and a toddler!

(3 Posts)
ellangirl Thu 29-Sep-11 14:17:47

How is it done oh wise people? If anyone has any real life stories of how they managed I'd love to hear them, we really want to extend but I have no idea how difficult it would be to manage all the animals and my 2 year old DS while it happens...

sixtiesqueen Thu 29-Sep-11 19:54:29

It depends on the extent of the building works. We've extended while livng in the house before we had kids - it was hideous TBH. We are currently 8 weeks into a 14 week build and we now have 2 kids (one's a toddler). We've actually had to move out - which might be your answer.

Blog at http://sixtiespalace.blogspot.com - have a look at this - I'm keepng a diary of the build - it gives you an idea of the ups and downs.

ellangirl Thu 29-Sep-11 21:03:48

Thanks, I rather thought it might be hideous! will look at your blog thanks. We want to extend to the back and side in one go, including kitchen, so moving out for a bit would be a given I think. Most worried about the cats- can take dogs and toddler somewhere else easy enough, but cats aren't so easy to move about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now