Talk

Advanced search

Could you recommend me a decent cheap toilet?

(3 Posts)
ChinaInYourHands Wed 28-Sep-11 09:54:36

We have to replace ours because it's leaking from the base but this is a toilet that gets used only when we have guests so I want to buy a cheap one that flushes well (if you know what I mean). Would you be able to recommend something that is below £100? Not the ones that are fully fixed to the wall or free standing, just the traditional type. Cheers.

Kladdkaka Thu 29-Sep-11 07:29:00

Tip we were told by our plumber when buying for our new bathroom: the ceramic parts of the toilet are all the same quality whatever price range you buy from. The reason why they don't work so well is that the flushing mechanisms are cheap tat. You don't have to use the one that comes with the toilet. The best way to get a good cheap toilet is to buy a cheap one but don't use the insides that come with it. Go to a plumbers merchant and buy a better quality one.

Mandy2003 Sat 01-Oct-11 21:17:44

One thing I wish I'd known - and I'm sorry but TMI is coming soon - I replaced an "old fashioned" cistern (1960s higher level which sat about 30cms above the pan) with a modern, current style one. I kept the original pan as there was nothing wrong with it. The old cistern held 12 litres, the new one 9.

Consequently, what you might call "larger leavings" did not flush away. Reader, I moved house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now