Advanced search

Temporary house move - who to notify change of address?

(3 Posts)
MatLeaveForever Sat 24-Sep-11 19:33:07

We have sold our house, but we can't move into the house we're buying yet as our sellers aren't ready to move into the place they're buying (and do not seem to be in a hurry like we are!). Therefore we're having to move in with my in laws in the meantime, until we complete on our purchase. We're moving out of our current home in 2 weeks and hopefully won't be at the in laws for more than 2 weeks.

So I'm a bit unsure who to contact and who not to bother contacting about our change of address as it's such a short period of time. I was thinking we should tell our bank and car insurance company, but what about credit card companies etc? We will get our post redirected but don't think this is enough.

Anyone been in a similar sitation or have any advice?


lalalonglegs Sat 24-Sep-11 21:09:05

Oh God, don't bother. You wouldn't bother informing these companies if you went on a fortnight's holiday, so I'd use the same rule of thumb for being in between addresses.

MatLeaveForever Sat 24-Sep-11 22:02:41

Well I'm not thinking about it in terms of getting/missing post for a couple of weeks, it's more about the 'right' thing to do. Our house we've sold will have some new tenants moving in and just worried about the cross over of who lives here on our credit file (ie telling the council), and will insurance policies be invalid as they'll think we live somewhere and we don't. Going on holiday is different as you'll be returning to the same place and it's still your home. There's a chance it may be longer than 2 weeks at the in laws too.

I may be worrying over nothing but it's useful to get others opinions so thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now