Talk

Advanced search

do you tip movers?

(10 Posts)
afussyphase Thu 22-Sep-11 12:25:58

They are packing for us, too. How much, if anything, is it normal to tip them here? thanks!

CMOTdibbler Thu 22-Sep-11 13:44:53

I don't tip, but do buy nice biscuits and cream cakes

Mandy2003 Thu 22-Sep-11 19:55:52

Oh yes! Mine went above and beyond the call of duty (vendor claimed not to know she had to be out by 12.00) so movers were kept hanging around with a full truck for 4 hours. There were 3 of them and I gave them £10 each. Doesn't seem a lot really, but they were only on £80 per day each.

Driftwood999 Thu 22-Sep-11 22:23:13

As CMOTdibbler says - keep them well fed and watered and in a good mood and you will get the most out of them.

MrsAmaretto Thu 22-Sep-11 22:46:18

We gave ours a slab of beer (asked their office in advance what they drank).

Rindercella Thu 22-Sep-11 22:47:40

Yes, with beer.

beanandspud Thu 22-Sep-11 23:18:15

We gave ours £20 each and a case of beer between them. They were delighted - they spend a lot of nights sleeping over in the truck and although they can't drink a lot they appreciated a couple of bottles each night.

angel1976 Thu 22-Sep-11 23:28:42

I gave ours £20 each. They were really good, worked damn hard and one of them accidentally broke a shelf (my DH saw it and said it was a complete accident, the guy took a step backwards and stepped on it) but told his boss and got our waiting time fee taken off (£60+ it was). I think I felt worse for him than about our shelf! I also asked they re-built my DS1's cot into a cotbed and one of them spent half an hour doing it without the instructions. Bless him! They were Eastern European and I don't think they earn very much. One of them was telling us how the day before, he was on a job till 3am, had 3 hour sleep and came to our job! And they were delighted with the £20 each. If you can afford it and they did a good job, go for it. smile

Tigerbomb Thu 22-Sep-11 23:29:14

We gave ours £30 and a case of beer between them. They even took away some of the crap that the former owners had left behind

gregssausageroll Sun 25-Sep-11 10:47:37

Yes, with beer and I made soup and sarnies for lunch. They were a great bunch of guys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now