Talk

Advanced search

I want big slidy doors. Like at Centerparcs...

(19 Posts)
SpringHeeledJack Sun 18-Sep-11 13:08:40

...in our new house

...nb this is not AIBU, so don't be rude grin

I shun bi folds, having neither space or inclination

have you got big slidy cp doors? how much did they cost, where d'you get em, and how much to fit?

<I also want a cp muriel, but dp has put his foot down>

NotAnotherNewNappy Mon 19-Sep-11 13:22:23

Sorry, don't know anything about doors, but.... I would love a sheltered bike park out front, porch with lots of hooks for coats, hats and wellies and a massive cupboard to park the buggy in right by the front door - just like Center Parcs smile

SpringHeeledJack Mon 19-Sep-11 13:25:25

ooooh SO would I

and I would also like the superior cleaning equipment they have at Dutch centerparcs- fond memories of DP waving a broom at me, urging me to "just feel the quality of these bristles"

grin

Fimbo Mon 19-Sep-11 13:50:53

I just want a Dutch CP bike with one of those locks. We have a Clas Olsen shop here which is Dutch and I bought one of the locks and does it fit on UK bikes, does it nelly!

SpringHeeledJack Mon 19-Sep-11 14:56:05

I love those locks also

am almost thinking of going over and just buying a bike there

...mind you, if I do that, we won't get our CP winders

<frets>

Fimbo Mon 19-Sep-11 16:06:35

Yeah I am seriously considering buying a bike over there too. What is a CP winder? Decathlon has a bike that is trying hard but it is not quite there iyswim.

Also dh will not go to CP in the UK only Europe, is this a bit bonkers? grin

Fimbo Mon 19-Sep-11 16:07:26

Oh and my friend has doors like CP's but they came with her Persimmon house and are 10 years old! smile

ChasingSquirrels Mon 19-Sep-11 16:13:26

ok, I have NO IDEA what CP's big slidy doors are.
But I have this sliding door system Eclisse, is that anything close to what you are looking for?

noviceoftheday Mon 19-Sep-11 16:16:35

Hi OP, I haven't been to CP. Are these the sliding doors that are like 2 or 3 big panes of glass that all slide in one direction and "gather"/"stack"?

noviceoftheday Mon 19-Sep-11 16:16:37

Hi OP, I haven't been to CP. Are these the sliding doors that are like 2 or 3 big panes of glass that all slide in one direction and "gather"/"stack"?

noviceoftheday Mon 19-Sep-11 16:16:38

SpringHeeledJack Mon 19-Sep-11 19:32:00

yes, them's the ones, novice

do you know what the're called? google searches for sliding doors keep giving me sliding folding doors. Not keen on those- they look a bit fiddly- too much stuff to go wrong. Also expensive.

I just want slidy ones

<whines>

SpringHeeledJack Mon 19-Sep-11 19:35:16

ooh, didn't see other replies

Fimbo that sounds like the sort of thing I'm after. 10 years old, nothing fancy

Squirrels I have saved that eclisse site- think will need internal slidy doors- at least to the (tiny) kitchen- and those look just the job

ta very much

SpringHeeledJack Mon 19-Sep-11 19:37:50

and Fimbo I'm with your dp there

CP in the UK is too expensive- the euro ones are cheaper. The point of them seems to be to go out, while in the UK ones you feel a bit as though you're locked in there till Monday

brrrrrr

noviceoftheday Mon 19-Sep-11 19:47:44

Hi SpringHeeledJack, yes the window company called them internal sliding doors. Ours were approx £3,500 if that helps. They said ours are quite big (3 panes) so I would imagine they would be cheaper if your kitchen is smaller. Hope that helps!

Fimbo Tue 20-Sep-11 12:07:32

Are these any good? Obviously not as big as CP but would fit a bog standard house, it's like what my friend has but hers are brown as the windows need replaced are wooden.

SpringHeeledJack Tue 20-Sep-11 16:44:35

hoh yes, Fimbo

those are the style I want- but I want rotten wooden ones

since they're obv a bit out of vogue I shall properly comb the less fancy end of the market. Bet BnQ or Wickes'll have em

Fimbo Tue 20-Sep-11 16:59:09

Click on gallery grin

SpringHeeledJack Tue 20-Sep-11 17:17:33

ooh, them's them

ta v much grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now