Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone get excited about my big pantry project? See pics!

(17 Posts)
ChavGuevara Sun 18-Sep-11 12:21:04

In my flat there's a huge, original cupboard which has been full of junk for years. I'd like to turn it into a larder, store cupboard for pots and pans.

Can anyone look at the pics and see if it has potential?

peggyblackett Sun 18-Sep-11 12:25:16

Pics please smile

ChavGuevara Sun 18-Sep-11 12:41:20

There's one up now. I'll upload some close-ups (if anyone's interested) because it'll need a lot of work done inside and I'm not sure if I can do it myself.

ChippingIn Sun 18-Sep-11 12:45:41

Chav - it would be a brilliant larder/pot cupboard.

You can do it yourself - it's the inside of a cupboard - it doesn't matter if it's not 100% perfect.

JuneChollySawcutt Sun 18-Sep-11 12:55:03

This is a little minimal, but has a few good tips - and looks just the size of your cupboard!

ChavGuevara Sun 18-Sep-11 12:55:14

Ooh thanks. But there are loads of broken pipes and things. And lots of gaps that will need filler. Do you think I should paint it a nice colour and the beams a contrasting cream?

hophophippidtyhop Sun 18-Sep-11 13:09:57

That wire rack in the bottom is from ikea - I have one in my larder, very useful. I use the top for potatoes and the rest for various crap I need to keep. I have one of those ikea bag holders stuck to the wall for carriers, and the rationel shelf tiers for where I keep the tins. My larder is very similar to the one linked to, but with five times more stuff in it!

ChavGuevara Sun 18-Sep-11 13:44:31

Wow, that looks great Hop. It's it two sections, so I suppose I could have the bottom half for the hoover and cleaning stuff.

Any idea what I can line it with?

hophophippidtyhop Sun 18-Sep-11 14:32:09

My isn't half as nice looking as that one, it's just plain old magnolia! I have one of those iron holders from ikea too. Good idea about using the bottom for cleaning stuff and the top or food. I also have some coat hooks on the back of the door that hold scholl/ handbags etc.

hophophippidtyhop Sun 18-Sep-11 14:33:15

Or even SCHOOL -Makes it sound like I have a row of sandals on my door!

FreakoidOrganisoid Sun 18-Sep-11 14:41:01

Did anyone else read the thread title as big panty project and wonder why the op was posting pics of her pants?

ChavGuevara Sun 18-Sep-11 14:42:01

Hop I did actually have time to conjure up a row of old granny shoes grin

Well, I think have some work to do preparing the inside a bit though because they ripped out the boiler but left all the pipes and there's a lot of powdery concrete.

I love that link to ideal home!

tyler80 Sun 18-Sep-11 21:23:49

Our new house has a huge pantry (2 foot by 8 foot). It's low down our list of jobs to do but inspiration and ideas are always good.

Pannacotta Mon 19-Sep-11 10:00:50

I am planning on turning an understais area into a pantry so have a few links saved:
www.bhg.com/topics/home-improvement/closet-and-storage/pantry.htm
theinspiredroom.net/2010/10/23/31-days-of-autumn-bliss-day-22-pantry-and-kitchen-organization/
www.houzz.com/photos/33747/Custom-pantry-traditional-kitchen-boston
and this for the inside doors?
www.lakeland.co.uk/21841/Overdoor-Storage-Rack

ChavGuevara Mon 19-Sep-11 11:05:08

Those links are interesting Pannacotta. Our cupboard doors are the original panelled ones but very narrow so I'm not sure how easy it'll be to find a unit that fits. I love the idea of putting hooks on the wall inside for hanging stuff, I hadn't thought of that, and it'll cover up some of the holes!

Gonzo33 Mon 19-Sep-11 17:16:59

I want one! Can you move it to my dream house

ChavGuevara Tue 20-Sep-11 09:31:48

Sure Gonzo I have one - would you like it complete with old hoovers, defunct dvd players, random powercables and ancient paperwork grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now