Talk

Advanced search

Day bed for teenage boy

(8 Posts)
mulranno Sat 17-Sep-11 19:59:55

most seem to be elaborate Victorian style ..... Looking for a contemporary version to multiple task in sons bedroom....any ideas

Maryz Sat 17-Sep-11 20:05:09

Be very careful not to buy a bed with ends, and unfortunately most of the "day beds" have ends. Teenage boys suddenly grow a foot and can't fit in their beds because their feet touch the ends.

I had to swap dd's and ds2's beds for this reason. All of a sudden he was too long for a 6 foot bed shock.

I wouldn't worry so much about buying a new bed, I would invest in some really big cushions and a nice throw, and make it up as a sofa during the day. ds has two throws, one of which he rolls up to make a sort of sofa back.

Sorry, this may not be much help blush.

HollyGoHeavily Sat 17-Sep-11 20:15:29

We have just bought this one from ikea Hemnes Daybed.

It is very comfy, has storage underneath and converts into a large double which is very handy for sleepovers....

Maryz Sat 17-Sep-11 20:22:17

Yes that's the one I was looking at when I was looking at daybeds. ds was 12 at the time, and fortunately I didn't as he has grown a foot since then (in less than two years) and would be hard-pushed to sleep on it now.

dd has her eye on it as well.

smartyparts Sat 17-Sep-11 20:27:48

Blimey, how tall is he? The mattress is 2m long!

My 13 year old ds has the Hemnes day bed and loves it - v comfy.

Maryz Sat 17-Sep-11 20:42:53

I don't believe the mattress is 2 m long confused. I had him lie on it in the shop and I was convinced that the mattress was 6 foot.

I'd better go back and have another look hmm. It's a great bed - storage and a bed under the bed, perfect for a teenage room.

annh Sun 18-Sep-11 18:58:08

The details on the website for that bed say that the mattress is 2m long, the overall bed is 2.11m.

minipie Mon 19-Sep-11 13:37:42

this is more of a sofa/futon than a day bed but might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now