Talk

Advanced search

Holes in the ceiling, how go we repair those?

(5 Posts)
Lotkinsgonecurly Sat 17-Sep-11 19:52:10

We've just had the lights replaced in our old kitchen . Spotlights have been taken out and a new central light put in which has 2 circular holes in the ceiling, holes are approx 10 cms in diameter. What's the easiest way foreland, bearing in mind it's me that will be doing it!

Lotkinsgonecurly Sat 17-Sep-11 19:53:23

Sorry, really awful spelling and post due to the phone,

StanHouseMuir Sun 18-Sep-11 09:29:20

I'm thinking of moving a fan in our bathroom and have been wondering how to fill the hole. How I plan to do it:

Get a rectangular piece of plaster board small enough to fit through the hole, cake it in something like 'No More Nails'. Put it through the hole and rest it over the hole - you may need to drill a small finger hole in the plasterboard so that you can exert some downward pressure on it.

Then, cut a circular piece of plasterboard 10cmm in diameter and stick it in the hole recess. Use polyfiller to fill any gaps round the side.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 18-Sep-11 09:55:19

We've had a rewire and have holes. I've stuffed a bit of thick cardboard in so it is wedged tight then filled over the top .

ajuba Sun 18-Sep-11 14:17:55

We had lots of holes in the ceilings of our house, due to the previous occupiers using it as a cannabis factory. Our builder filled them with the same size plasterboard ( i think I remember him drilling it in place somehow) and then we had the whole ceilings skimmed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now