Talk

Advanced search

Gurgling radiator in bathroom following bleeding of the rest. Help.

(5 Posts)
ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 15-Sep-11 07:26:26

That's it. Yesterday, I bled all the rads in the house except the bathroom one. It has a different size thing to the others. Last night it was making such a racket.
Is there a way of stopping it apart from trying to bleed that one? It took me and age to track down a rad key yesterday and the bit where the key fits is around half the size of the others. I was only able to find one, presumably standard sized key.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 15-Sep-11 08:58:46

Anyone?
I've just had a shower and the bathroom is freezing. The water appears to be running through but not stopping long enough to get warm.
Can that actually happen?

lubeybooby Thu 15-Sep-11 09:03:14

Eeek, is your bathroom one closest to the boiler? As you are meant to bleed the closest ones first and then do the others in order of distance. Also last time i did mine, my boiler lost all pressure so I had to feed all the water back in to the system to get it up and working again, could that have happened?

Catsmamma Thu 15-Sep-11 09:03:19

give it a kick?? knock the air out if it, same principle as winding a baby??

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 15-Sep-11 09:39:49

Liking the advice catsmamma. The boiler is in the garage, so I am not sure which one comes first. Proabably the one in the hall, possibly kitchen, maybe front room. Upstairs there is one in bathroom, three bedrooms and that's it.
I'll go round and do them in that order. The bathroom one is the problem with having the wrong sized apperture.
I could possibly give Billy nomates next door a knock and ask him if he has the correct tool for the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now