Talk

Advanced search

Warm white pain recommendations for north westerly facing sitting room.

(14 Posts)
blabalalalablabla Wed 14-Sep-11 13:22:43

That's pretty much it really.

Have had natural calico in there for the last 6 years and to say it is looking a little tired is an understatement grin

Rest of the room is neutrals and oak flooring.

Have had done some testers but they look too blue - that might just be against the existing paint though?

Budget is more dulux/crown than F&B

Thanks

vonnyh Wed 14-Sep-11 15:47:10

Timeless by Dulux is lovely.

MrsMagnolia Wed 14-Sep-11 18:04:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blabalalalablabla Wed 14-Sep-11 20:39:19

<adds Timeless to tester patchwork wall>

thank you smile

Tyrionlovingyourwork Wed 14-Sep-11 22:39:07

dulux jasmine white. Recommended by a very stylish friend.

NoseyNooNoo Wed 14-Sep-11 22:57:53

We have a NNW lounge and had it painted Timeless about 2 months. It's perfect. It was pure white before but Timeless has added warmth to it. Everyone comments on it.

minipie Thu 15-Sep-11 10:32:33

Soft Linen by Crown.

RedorLead Thu 15-Sep-11 22:16:55

I painted a south facing room with Timeless and I thought it was cold looking - normally I love white - stark clinical white but I found timeless to be a greenish/greyish white...I guess it all depends on the room and a tester pot is always needed.

blabalalalablabla Sun 18-Sep-11 17:08:01

Have gone for jasmine white - timeless was a close second - we have it in other rooms in the house, but it did seem to be a little bit stark in our sitting room.

Tyrionlovingyourwork Mon 19-Sep-11 09:40:53

MY friend styles homes and recommends jasmine white - it is especially good if you aren't sure what colour to use.

I am thinking of using this in my hall. Is the colour true or does it look much darker on the wall?

blabalalalablabla Mon 19-Sep-11 16:11:38

Difficult to tell as our sitting room has lots of walls (wierd shaped room) and the light reflects on each of them in a different way. On some walls it looks more creamy/yellowey but in others it looks true to colour.

Ragwort Mon 19-Sep-11 16:14:11

I am very impressed that you have painted your room so quickly since your initial post - I have been 'thinking' about what colour to use for six months grin.

Tyrionlovingyourwork Mon 19-Sep-11 17:54:57

Do you like the new colour then?

I also commend you for getting on with it.

blabalalalablabla Wed 21-Sep-11 17:09:52

I have to get it done otherwise it will never get done or just end up half done like the rest of the house also spurred on by the arrival of a new sofa this week and the framer has just called to tell me that my pictures are done so wanted to have a lovely new wall to hang them on grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now