Talk

Advanced search

Stone effect bathroom tiles. Edging?

(6 Posts)
Dragonwoman Fri 09-Sep-11 15:03:23

I am having large (60x40mm), stone effect bathroom tiles fitted. My tiler tells me that they would be best without the edging strips you usually have on tiles so the look it more natural. Is he right? Or will they look unfinished? I am rubbish at visualising such things!

mylovelymonster Fri 09-Sep-11 19:16:44

If it is a nice stone effect then I can see what he means. It won't look unfinished.
Does the large tile you're going for have an edging tile that matches exactly? Or is there not a brochure with pictures of the tiles in a bathroom setting to give you a better idea?

ChristinedePizan Fri 09-Sep-11 19:18:05

I had real stone tiles in my last bathroom - there was no edging, just the top (matt) edge of the tiles. I don't like tile edging, it's fussy. Sorry!

totallyshoeless Fri 09-Sep-11 20:46:33

Maybe I need a better link but these do not look very cool. I have just had bathrooms done and nobody mentioned tile edging. I say go without.

thehairybabysmum Fri 09-Sep-11 20:55:18

I've used half a tlle to make a 'skirting board' round the room to good effect.

Dragonwoman Fri 09-Sep-11 21:43:30

No pic of these particular tiles on-line or in a book unfortunately! They aren't real stone, just ceramic stone effect, but the edges of the tiles are the same colour as the face. The tiles will need to go all round a window including sill, so any edging or lack of will be obvious.
I did see some similar recently with a chrome effect edging strip. Sounds dodgy, but wasn't. But this was in a restaurant toilets. Maybe I shouldn't model my house on restaurant toilets!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now