Talk

Advanced search

When to book removals?

(3 Posts)
HelenofSparta Sat 03-Sep-11 13:56:32

We are supposed to be exchanging on 9th sept and completing on 16th sept. Been told exchange date may slip but should still complete on 16th. Question is, do I book removal people? Was going to wait to exchange before paying as have assurance should all go through and they need paying a week before. If I do it now dates may then slip and I will have to paymore etc etc. What do you think? Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks

HoneyPablo Sun 04-Sep-11 08:07:30

When we moved we got a few quotes from local removal firms and asked them waht dates they had available as they do get booked up quickly. If the 16th is your completion day then you really should be asking them to pencil you in. Is it the removal firm you have to pay up front? I have never heard of that before and I have moved a few times (about 10). I have always paid on the day, when the job is finished.
How many quotes did you get? Ours varied wildly by hundreds of pounds.

Sushiqueen Sun 04-Sep-11 15:22:26

I would get some quotes now and provisionally pencil in a date. This is what we have done and our date has changed several times now (as has the move to location - were buying, now renting first).

We also have to pay in advance for our company but that may be as it is a long distance job for them and they need to book hotels etc. We just have to pay once we have a definite date after exchange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now