Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used free change of address service?

(3 Posts)
DameEdnaBeverage Sat 03-Sep-11 09:15:29

Have exchanged (yay) and now have to contact loads of companies to notify them of new address. Have seen a free service to do this for you. Has anyone tried this and is it worth doing?

PigletJohn Sat 03-Sep-11 14:00:02

I haven't tried it but I don't understand why you would. Presumably you have to tell them all the companies you deal with so they know who to contact?

You've obviously got a computer. I'd just print out a standard change of address letter, then go through all your bills and statements, write in the company address and account number by hand, and use a 2nd class stamp. Don't forget people who only contact you once a year or less, like life insurance and pension houses.

Or send a standard email if you prefer.

Also pay the Post Office to redirect your mail for a year, and send an extra letter to anyone who still writes to your old address every time you get a forwarded letter.

Opt out of junk mail while you're at it on the Royal Mail website http://www2.royalmail.com/you-home/controlling-your-mail

Indaba Wed 14-Sep-11 23:25:50

used royal mail service for 2 years and is it was brill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now