Talk

Advanced search

Vendor won't let us view house

(9 Posts)
Dillydollydaydream Fri 02-Sep-11 19:25:38

After losing out on one house we're looking again.
Our house is sold stc. The survey etc has been done on ours, buyer keen (pushy!) to mOve in ASAP.
We've tried to make an appointment to view this house.
It has been on the Market for over 2years!
We thought the vendors would be jumping uP and down at the prospect of a viewing given our position but nooooo, apparantly they aren't 'actively selling' their house?! confused

Why is it being marketed if they aren't selling, and why on earth are the estate agents wasting time marketing it?!
The mind boggles!!

mistressploppy Fri 02-Sep-11 19:34:58

What? Madness. I feel for you.

Have a go at your estate agent, what a waste of time......

plupervert Fri 02-Sep-11 21:16:44

Playing hard to get? Or have they got slack in the two years and are panicking that there are now things wrong with it?

nancy75 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:18:21

give it a miss, if thet are this difficult now imagine what they could be like if you decided to buy it

An0therName Fri 02-Sep-11 21:25:05

I knew of a situation like this - vendor had a drink problem - and used to turn done viewings- best of out of it

lalalonglegs Fri 02-Sep-11 21:44:39

Well, now you know why it's been on the market for two years...

lalalonglegs Fri 02-Sep-11 21:44:43

Well, now you know why it's been on the market for two years...

PigletJohn Fri 02-Sep-11 21:55:59

perhaps they haven't come to terms with the fact that it is worth what someone will pay for it.

Dillydollydaydream Sat 03-Sep-11 11:01:12

Yes I think I am prob best out of it if it's going to be this difficult to even get a viewing!
Need to go back for possible 2nd viewing and they'll have to let a surveyor round too. Doesnt sound very likely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now