Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought a sofabed from sofa workshop? Or can you recommend somewhere that sells reasonably comfy sofabeds?!

(14 Posts)
blabalalalablabla Fri 02-Sep-11 17:31:54

I'm looking for a sofabed and have seen a nice one at Sofa Workshop - the only problem is that I'm not close to any stores so can't go and sit on it to try it out - I know that sofabeds tend to be slightly harder to sit but would appreciate any feedback from mnetters who actually own one before I go and spend my hard earned cash on it!!!

So, does anyone have one and would you recommend it? Or do you have a comfy sofabed and where did you get it from?

Budget is up to £800.

JamieOliveOil Fri 02-Sep-11 22:00:57

I am currently sitting on a Sofa Workshop sofa bed! this one The sofa is good but we replaced the seat cushions after a couple of years with foam as I was fed up of them looking flat. That said, I'm happy with it and the bed is very comfortable.

Gonzo33 Sat 03-Sep-11 05:42:51

My Mum bought from here:

www.sofasofa.co.uk/sofasize4/Sofabed/lst/itemlist/owner/shop/sofa-finder

and her's is really really comfortable.

blabalalalablabla Sat 03-Sep-11 08:23:18

Jamie-that is the exact one that I'm looking at.
Did you order online or go to the shop? I've read a few bad reports about not delivering etc.

Ealingkate Sat 03-Sep-11 08:26:35

We have a Ligne Roset Multy sofabed - which is super comfy - we have slept on it for four nights in a row at Christmas and slept brilliantly . We got it from Lee Longlands in the sale for a grand.

PigletJohn Sat 03-Sep-11 14:13:35

I'm buying one soon. Is it true they are not as comfortable as ordinary sofas, and is there anything youy can do to help?

Ponders Sat 03-Sep-11 14:23:13

We got one from MFI (so no use to recommend!) about 15 years ago - it has very thick foam cushions & is very comfortable to sit on, piglet, though a bit high (old ladies love it grin).

The bed is metal-action with quite a thick mattress so it's OK to sleep on too, but it's only a 2-seater sofa, so the bed is quite narrow - worth getting a 3-seater if you have space.

Ponders Sat 03-Sep-11 14:27:29

I like Ikea Ektorp, though have only sat on them in the shop so I don't know how they'd feel after a year or two.

The beds are comfortable too (in the shop wink). They used to do a 2-seater sofabed but they're all 3 seaters now.

MackerelOfFact Mon 05-Sep-11 12:34:23

Ooh I'm looking for the same thing. It will be our main sofa so needs to be comfortable. Was looking at the Amelia one from SofaSofa with either a couple of armchairs or another 2-seater sofa, but would like to try it as it's so cheap that I can't imagine it's comfy!

Ealingkate Mon 05-Sep-11 13:38:33

Ligne Roset do a few sofabeds - they are a bit expensive (and may not be your preferred style) but they are v comfy - depends how often they will be slept on. We did toy with the idea of buying one of those blow up beds that come up to a normal bed height.

jimswifein1964 Mon 05-Sep-11 13:40:54

We got one from The Sofabed Shop about 10 yrs ago and its still going strong; cost £800 then, bur defnitely a good investment. Having said that, you'll have to google to see if they still exist; the branch we bought from has gone!

jimswifein1964 Mon 05-Sep-11 13:45:35

here

JamieOliveOil Mon 05-Sep-11 18:00:03

Hi - just seen your response. We ordered online and had no problems with delivery. We also bought 2 sofas for another room from Sofa Workshop and, again, experienced no problems.

Regarding whether or not they are comfortable, ours is in our main sitting room and is used (as a sofa) every night and is just as comfy as the other furniture in the room.

blabalalalablabla Tue 06-Sep-11 22:04:55

Thanks - think we may well go for that one. Good to hear that you use it as a sofa every day and it is just as comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now