Talk

Advanced search

where can I get cheap packing boxes for our imminent move?

(9 Posts)
mrszimmerman Thu 01-Sep-11 09:49:50

I've seen a few companies online, is there any one someone can recommend as being good value?
Thanks

tyler80 Thu 01-Sep-11 10:28:57

I am giving away the packing boxes we've just used on freecycle, is it worth looking there?

mrszimmerman Thu 01-Sep-11 14:04:15

good suggestion, thanks!

tyler80 Thu 01-Sep-11 14:28:35

We were lucky in that my OH works somewhere with a warehouse where we can pick up used boxes no problem so can't help otherwise with an online recommendation I'm afraid.

RedorLead Thu 01-Sep-11 22:06:54

We used ebay, £1 each - get double walled boxes for packing.

javo Fri 02-Sep-11 09:38:16

We asked at our local supermarket and shops - they kept them for us over a few days and we collected. Got enough for our large families move. We then passed them on to friends for their move. They then gumtree-d them for free.

RedorLead Fri 02-Sep-11 11:32:26

We got some from the supermarket too but they weren't strong enough to stack and were only of use for the lightest items.

hotchoc Sat 03-Sep-11 20:33:17

we got lots from freecycle, have you got that in your area? try googling it. we gave them away afterwards too, brilliant for someone else and us.

brabbinsandfyffe Sat 03-Sep-11 22:38:53

I got some cheap ones from Staples - serves me right, handles went through all over the place, their double walled ones much better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now