Talk

Advanced search

Uxbridge?

(5 Posts)
kitsmummy Wed 31-Aug-11 10:11:38

Can anyone tell me what Uxbridge is like as a place to visit for the day? We're going to legoland for DD's birthday and were going to spend a day in Windsor, however I've promised her a Build A Bear workshop teddy, assuming there would be one in Windsor (our hotel is in Slough, we don't want to spend the day there!) but there isn't. The nearest location is Uxbridge. Is this a nice place to spend the day wandering round? It kind of sounds like it would be a lovely place, but actually I'm clueless! thanks

redandgreen Wed 31-Aug-11 10:35:22

There are a couple of big shopping centres in uxbridge. Not overly lovely to be honest. Definitely nothing like windsor. You could drop in and have lunch and then go for a walk in burnham beeches or black country park maybe.

LIZS Wed 31-Aug-11 10:43:37

Honestly ? hideous ! Shopping centre is ok ish but otherwise a fairly ugly urban sprawl. tbh you might be better heading for the likes of Reading, Kingston or more locally High Wycombe (from which you can at least drive to other attractions such as Beckonscot Model village)

kitsmummy Wed 31-Aug-11 11:12:28

ha, thanks for that everyone grin, maybe we'll pop in quickly and then head back to Windsor as per original plan!

usingapseudonym Wed 31-Aug-11 11:48:31

Black Park isn't far from Uxbridge centre and is lovely. Uxbridge itself is just a shopping centre....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now