Talk

Advanced search

cheap way of creating space?

(2 Posts)
frazzled74 Tue 30-Aug-11 09:32:09

i have 3 bed terrace with bathroom at back of kitchen, flat roof extension. v small garden,low ceiling cellar and loft. Which would be the very cheapest way to create an extra bedroom? even a small box room would be fine.And any idea of costs involved? thankyou in advance for any ideas.

minipie Tue 30-Aug-11 12:45:27

Hmm. I'm no expert but here are my thoughts... I would expect a loft conversion is likely to be cheapest assuming there is enough space up there for a room. Cost depends on whether you just want to put in boards and skylight windows, or whether you want to add dormer windows or a mansard box to add head height too.

Digging out the cellar costs £££. Extending outwards on the ground floor is cheapish but uses up garden. Putting an extra room on top of your existing extension might be possible, but it's possible the existing extension might not be strong enough to support it, which would mean extra cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now