Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good solicitors for house buy?

(10 Posts)
kalo12 Sat 27-Aug-11 08:39:10

Hi we have just read a really scary review of our solicitors that were reccommended by our mortgage adviser, can anyone recommend someone reputable?

We are in south east london, but I guess solicitors could be from anywhere

thanks mn

lalalonglegs Sat 27-Aug-11 19:07:23

Justin Sidnick at William Heath & Co - he's a bit pricy but I've always found him super-efficient (based in central London and has helped me with buying and selling all over London).

afussyphase Sat 27-Aug-11 21:21:40

We're having a great experience with Leah Moore from fwdlaw. They are based in Newport but all of this can be done via post/email/phone. I found them through an online find-a-solicitor thing for conveyancing. I think it was on a site recommended by this. Their fee was hundreds less than I was quoted from a friend's solicitor. Good luck!

RollingInTheAisles Sat 27-Aug-11 21:22:54

We used Blakemores in Birmingham (although we are not based there) and they were great.

SparklePrincess Sun 28-Aug-11 00:04:13

In my experience all solicitors are terrible! sad

ThunderboltKid Sun 28-Aug-11 10:20:35

The solicitors I have just used were absolutely brilliant (and came from a MN recommendation grin) Access Legal at Shoosmiths They've won loads of awards for customer service etc and I could not fault them.

Our first purchase fell through shortly before completion but because they have a 'guarantee' it means we didn't have to pay for the legal fees on that one.

nocake Sun 28-Aug-11 11:16:42

We used Simpson Millar who were very good. We had a couple of false starts when buying but they just kept the file open and it didn't cost us any more. All communication is done by phone, email and post so you don't have to go into their office at all.

chandellina Sun 28-Aug-11 22:19:45

We just used Ryan Hill from Meaby & Co. in Camberwell and he was very efficient. I think it was £850 or something. People say you can get it done cheaper by getting someone outside London but we were on a tight completion (offer to move in was within 7 weeks, which meant we needed an on-the-ball solicitor) and it was handy to be able to go in person to sign stuff, etc. Good luck!

kalo12 Wed 31-Aug-11 07:09:35

Thanks everybody.
Especially thanks Chandelina, I went to see Ryan Hill yesterday. Everyone there was lovely, really pleasant intelligent people.

chandellina Wed 31-Aug-11 20:55:34

glad to hear it and hope it all works out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now