Talk

Advanced search

Argh bloody vendors (rant)

(7 Posts)
JumpJockey Fri 26-Aug-11 09:53:57

need to get this off my chest and a 7 month old baby isn't a very good listener...

So our house has been under offer since end April. We put in an offer end May on house with lots of recent 'improvements'. Vendors did nothing for 6 weeks (not even house information form or f&f). Gradually have given the info we need, buildings regs finally provided after we threatened to pull out, but several lesser things still outstanding. We went on hols on 6th aug with proposed completion date 20th sept with our solicitor, hoping to exchange while we were away. Buyers of our place kicked up a fuss (other long story) but have finally agreed date as originally suggested, everything in place for sale of our house.

Now it turns out that the vendors' effing solicitor still doesn't even have the signed documentation to do the exchange. Do these people want to sell their house or not?! They're a separated couple, she will be going into rented and from the outset wanted 4 weeks to find somewhere. Has told her agents she's happy to complete on 20th but if we're not exchanged, she'll have less time to find somewhere to go. Does she not realised this?

And given that they put the house on the market nearly a year ago, you'd have thought they might have managed to gather together things like evidence of the damp proofing, timber treatment, boiler service contract etc ( all of which are mentioned specifically by agents in their particulars...)

And and and, bloody girl at the agents never listens. When I told her on the phone that we would pull out if buildings regs not received by end of given week, she said 'yeah great wonderful, thanks for letting me know'. Erm, were you listening at all??

angryangryangry

Gonzo33 Sat 27-Aug-11 07:58:23

Sounds like one of the vendors doesn't want to sell to me.

NotAnotherNewNappy Sun 28-Aug-11 22:52:38

Grrr... I am feeling your pain. Agree with Gonzo, sounds like there are issues with the vendors that are making them drag their feet.

JumpJockey Mon 29-Aug-11 19:28:58

Fingers very crossed, on friday I phoned the agent and said if they didn't have four particular bits of paperwork, and the signed exchange docs, at our solicitors in order to exchange on Weds we would be withdrawing. Also pointed out that a lot of it related to things the agent specifically mentioned in the psrticulars so they were responsible for ensuring these things were confirmed (damp proof etc).

Got a phone call back at 4.30 saying paperwork was being emailed through, mrs vendor had signed contract, mr vendor had lost his (ffs...) but would be at their solicitors first thing tuesday (ie tomorrow) sooooo we'll see!

I think the agent finally realised they needed to sort it out when I pointed out that we were the only people in 6 months on the market to have made an offer their clients were happy with, and if the sale fell through because our buyers walked away, they would be very unlikely to find another buyer willing to take on the work that needs doing and thus agency would lose their commission.

NotAnotherNewNappy Tue 30-Aug-11 17:41:29

Any news? Sounds like Mr Vendor needs a good kick up the bum wink

JumpJockey Tue 30-Aug-11 19:39:27

Well according to our solicitor's secretary, they were both last seen signing the documentation together ??? But it hasn't yet been received... Spoke to our agents who called the vendors solicitors, who reports that most of it is in hand and should be there tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, I called vendors agents, they didn't get back to me. At least we know our own agents are earning their commission... hmm

JumpJockey Wed 31-Aug-11 16:12:39

And...... We have exchanged grin
now to pack the entire house... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now