Talk

Advanced search

How much is it to connect a house to gas?

(5 Posts)
HarrietJones Thu 25-Aug-11 20:59:42

Trying to persuade my Grandad to get central heating. Gas goes into the drive so not road digging to be done if that makes a difference?

conculainey Thu 25-Aug-11 21:06:25

Price around for the best deal, the gas could be brought into the house for as little as 200 pounds. Check for grants that might be available in your area and if your GF is a pensioner there should be further grants available which could pay for half the installation costs.

HarrietJones Thu 25-Aug-11 21:46:56

Does it not have to be national grid? I can't get straight answers from their website without committing

conculainey Fri 26-Aug-11 14:06:30

Sorry, not sure. I live in N.I and we have only got one gas supplier (Phoneix) who are very expensive. My mum who is a retired pensioner got her gas heating installed from scratch 3 years ago (2 bedroom house) and had to pay 1600 pounds herself with the difference coming from grants. Have a look at the is Warmfront Link..
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Environmentandgreenerliving/Energyandwatersaving/Energygrants/DG_10018661

conculainey Fri 26-Aug-11 14:06:42

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Environmentandgreenerliving/Energyandwatersaving/Energygrants/DG_10018661

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now