Talk

Advanced search

Creating a king out of two singles

(4 Posts)
iskra Wed 24-Aug-11 21:38:30

I believe you can get mattress joiners to unite two singles & create a wider double. Has anyone done this & is it a bad idea as a permanent sleeping arrangement (rather than a guest bedroom I mean).

We are casting around for ways of getting more width in our bed without extra length (funny shaped room).

babysbreath Thu 25-Aug-11 20:25:58

I could 'talk' to you for hours over this!!!!!

We have a double at the mo, and wanted more room, and we both like different mattresses! So I've trawled the shops and internet on this subject. What we finally bought (today!) are zip and link beds. Two 3ft singles Divans with mattresses that zip together. So one side can have a softer mattresses than the other. So it can either be a super king size or two single beds. Hope this makes sense.

PacificDogwood Thu 25-Aug-11 20:29:45

We have 2 single bed (seperate bedstead and mattresses) joined to form a ?Superking, I think (I get confused with Kings and Superkings: total size is 2x2 meters.

Works really well IMO, we have been sleeping like this for 7 years: loads of space (well, not so much when little people join us...), we have different hardness of mattress to suit DH and me and in a previous room in a previous house these were single beds, so could be again.

RedSpike Thu 25-Aug-11 23:12:58

Occasionally we come across beds like these in hotels - I find the ridge in the middle annoying when snuggling up to dh - I wouldn't want it as a permanent solution.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now