Talk

Advanced search

quiiiiick! anyone who's recently had a whole new central heating system fitted in their house...

(16 Posts)
SpringHeeledJack Wed 24-Aug-11 20:23:56

...how much was it?

to the nearest million?

tvm

(off to have my tea but will be back later)

ChippingIn Wed 24-Aug-11 20:25:29

Need a few facts...

How many rooms will have radiators in?

How many people living in the house?

NLatlarge Wed 24-Aug-11 20:30:29

I had a quote quite a few years ago for a small house and it was a bit alarming - around 3-4 grand I think - but there was no heating at all previously.

DCSsunhill Wed 24-Aug-11 20:31:42

2700 plus vat

shhhgobacktosleep Wed 24-Aug-11 22:16:07

£4k currently being installed. New valiant boiler (can't remember name of boiler off top of my head but got which best buy) and radiators in all rooms - 4 beds, 2 recs, large kitchen diner, 2 bathrooms, hallway. We're in the south east.

SpringHeeledJack Wed 24-Aug-11 22:31:19

phew, thanks everyone

ours sounds roughly the same size as yours, shhh- a bit smaller- and we're also in the south east

we'd banked on it being around the 3/4k mark- till xp told me this evening that it would be more like TEN shock

think the bugger was just trying to put the wind up me!

timidviper Wed 24-Aug-11 22:35:35

We're in the NW and ours was about 7. Sounds like similar no of rooms to shhh but it is old so big enough that some rooms have more than 1 radiator in.

SpringHeeledJack Thu 25-Aug-11 08:37:00

ours has 4 beds but all of them are pretty pokey- as are the living room and kitchen.

Thanks, homes and property peeps- you will be getting a lot of similar qs in the next few weeks/months, as the property we're buying is a total knacker

[panic emoticon]

alibubbles Thu 25-Aug-11 09:14:21

New boiler and moved upstairs, not any easy job, all new rads, 4 beds, 3 reception, 2 baths, new thermostat, £4k and I would thoroughly recommend them.

They kept to the date schedule, very tidy, covered all my cream carpets with new cloths,they were fantastic, Herts.

notcitrus Thu 25-Aug-11 09:31:51

Ours was around £6k, including new boiler, 8 new radiators, heated towel rail, cleaning about 8 old radiators, and fixing zillions of pipes.

Got quotes over 10k, mind you.

shhhgobacktosleep Thu 25-Aug-11 17:37:00

Meant to say that ours is a complete new system (all the old pipework etc ripped out and starting again from scratch) Also bought a "total knacker" SHJ grin

ChippingIn Thu 25-Aug-11 20:27:33

Shhh - I have been quoted the same price for less in the SE - any chance you could PM me the contact details of the people who are doing yours?

I didn't get it done last year - but I'm hoping to get it done this year - if I can get a good enough price.

conculainey Thu 25-Aug-11 21:02:52

I installed a full heating system 3 years ago with 12 radiators and a wood burner, the materials came to just under 2 k with the wood burner being the most expensive single component @ 850 pounds. That price included all the pipe, the header tank ,pump and fittings.

leeloo1 Fri 26-Aug-11 14:57:06

Alibubbles Do you mind saying who you used please? ;)

alibubbles Fri 26-Aug-11 16:13:44

Hi leeloo1 ecotec green heating and really would recommend them and I have no connections with them!

A very detailed estimate, and very keenly priced too.

leeloo1 Fri 26-Aug-11 17:05:14

Thanks for that, I'm thinking of having something similar done, but, as ever, it depends on the price as to whether we can afford it!

Just realised I winked, rather than smileing, which seems odd in the context.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now