Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got black gloss bedroom units?

(9 Posts)
hadagutsfull Mon 22-Aug-11 22:34:31

We are currently decorating DS bedroom. DH talked me into letting DS choose the furniture - hence the black gloss! He's also got a vision of beige walls with the black furniture but I'm worried it'll be very dark in the room.

Has anyone out there got/seen black gloss bedroom furniture? What colour walls would you put with it? Any help gratefully received! We've just painted all the walls white as an undercoat & it looks so clean and bright at the moment I really don't want it to be dark.

hadagutsfull Mon 22-Aug-11 22:53:20

Anyone???? They're not that bad are they?? grin

Thepoweroforangeknickers Tue 23-Aug-11 05:57:24

Is he a goth in the making? What is it with boys/men wanting black? One of our friends sons wanted black kitchen unit. What a job they were to keep looking sparkly.

kitsmummy Tue 23-Aug-11 07:34:34

"Anyone???? they're not that bad are they grin?? " - No, just add some chains and handcuffs to the wall and they should be just fine grin

minipie Tue 23-Aug-11 12:49:02

<keeps quiet about the black units grin>

I would not have beige walls. How about a very pale blue or grey?

Bits of bright green would look also good with white or grey walls, maybe in the curtains/accessories.

I'd avoid purple or red with the black or you're into 80s/goth territory.

cyb Tue 23-Aug-11 12:51:42

yes, Peter Stringfellow

hadagutsfull Tue 23-Aug-11 13:28:25

Thanks for the comments - I knew black gloss was a bad idea blush When he's left home and me & DH are in our dotage it'll be even worse. It's ordered now so there's no going back unfortunately.

Haven't noticed any goth tendencies (yet!) - and there'll certainly be no handcuffs or whips under my roof grin

mini - I was thinking of a pale grey, and have suggested bits of bright green, thank you.

It's a nightmare trying to get bedding for a teenage boy too - and no, it won't be leopard print, or satin, or rubber!! grin

minipie Tue 23-Aug-11 13:35:22

If you have a choice, I'd suggest the units are put somewhere which is not facing you as you come in the bedroom door - they will be less obtrusive that way.

hadagutsfull Tue 23-Aug-11 13:45:36

The drawers will be facing the door - under the window - but they drop down in the middle for a cushion to go on to make a seat, so that should break it up a bit. This is DHs fault - he let DS 'design' it himself the fool! I wish he was still into spiderman or bob the builder ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now