Talk

Advanced search

Probably another kitchen worktop question....but help needed!!

(5 Posts)
mrsbleasdale Fri 19-Aug-11 07:43:47

It's driving me insane!

Plan is to have ivory/off white shaker units. We wanted a light coloured worktop as the kitchen area is narrow-ish and doesn't get the sun until late afternoon.

Dh totally against wood due to oiling etc although i think it would look lovely, Granite would be fab but i think it may be out of our budget as we need building work done etc...£2500 i think. Price rules out Corian too.

I though the Earthstone stuff looked great as a compromise but have read scathing reviews about it.

So left with laminate which makes me feel deflated. Hate the glossy looking stuff and the fakeness of it all.

Does anyone have a light laminate worktop with cream units they can recommend. I've sent off for a few Axiom samples out of desperation but am not convinced they'll be any good.

All the images of lightshaker kitchens have a dark or wood worktop - should we ditch the idea of light and bright and go for black/dark for the contrast???

Finding this the most difficult choice out of the kitchen so far and i think it will make or break the whole design....

mrsbleasdale Fri 19-Aug-11 07:51:57

Anyone know if the Maia like Earthstone??? better, worse or same? Cappuccino looks quite nice....

Catsmamma Fri 19-Aug-11 07:53:12

I have the ikea wood worktops....oiled them once in all the time they have been in....they are fine!

NotAnotherNewNappy Fri 19-Aug-11 17:18:52

Whatever you do, don't go for a light coloured laminate - stains easy and a lilght colour will show up every one. Have you looked at bamboo?

mrsbleasdale Sat 20-Aug-11 07:30:23

Red wine and ribena stains?? Hadn't considered that!

Tell me about Bamboo please smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now