Advanced search

WWYD? New kitchen now or with newborn?

(16 Posts)
RealityVonCrapp Thu 18-Aug-11 10:23:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RealityVonCrapp Thu 18-Aug-11 10:24:51

namefortheday Thu 18-Aug-11 10:29:19

Now. Get him fitting it tomorrow if you will definately have the money. Sooner better than later! You could be pg for another 6 weeks. I know you think you won't be - but nothing is certain.

fivegomadindorset Thu 18-Aug-11 10:29:28

I wouldn't do it when you have mindees around, are you on ML now?

UpsyDaisyDo Thu 18-Aug-11 10:30:34

Personally I think I'd want it done before baby arrives. x

RealityVonCrapp Thu 18-Aug-11 10:32:59

fivegomadindorset Thu 18-Aug-11 10:43:11

Are mindees parents OK that you will be getting the work done while their DC's are there? We had our kitchen done and was fine with our DC@s but wouldn't even contemplate it if people were paying me to have their children, equally I wouldn't be happy sending my DC's to a building site.

RealityVonCrapp Thu 18-Aug-11 10:48:44

hobnob Thu 18-Aug-11 11:05:52

Get it done now.

iskra Thu 18-Aug-11 11:06:38

I vote now. My only concern is that the midwife might object when she comes round next week...

We are in a similar situation, waiting for various things to be done so we can move in - got my 37 w home visit booked next week so HAVE to be in & have it habitable by then. Argh.

hobnob Thu 18-Aug-11 11:07:48

Sorry - sounded a bit rude! I was just trying to be helpful by being definite. But I really think it's a good idea.

Best of luck, whatever you decide.

fivegomadindorset Thu 18-Aug-11 11:07:57

Then get it done now.

thinNigella Thu 18-Aug-11 11:11:36

NOW!!!
Get it done NOW!!!

namefortheday Thu 18-Aug-11 11:15:46

Look you are not going in to labour next week, especially IF you have the kitchen done. Your body will only labour when it is safe to do so. So get the kitchen done and then wait for your waters to pop all over the newly installed flooring. Which kitchen is it btw?

Honestly this is a no brainer....

PlumSykes Thu 18-Aug-11 11:39:54

Now. You will not be having your HB in the kitchen, I presume, so MW has nothing to worry about. Have done kitchens with toddlers twice. Will never do it again.

SweetApril Thu 18-Aug-11 13:01:01

Now. My kitchen was a two-week job and was finished on my due date. Lovely kitchen fitters were very twitchy that I would go into labour while they were in the house (and I was enormous!) so had an incentive to finish on time. But I wasn't planning a homebirth, had no other DCs to consider at the time and fitting was very straightforward - only issue was cracked glass in the door of one cabinet. And DD was two weeks late. Good luck whatever you decide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now