Talk

Advanced search

Looking for sideboard to store records

(10 Posts)
krisskross Tue 16-Aug-11 16:59:43

can anyone make suggestions. I've run out of steam with ebay.

Our house is edwardian with period stuff like fireplaces, cornincing etc but is decorated in quite a modern way. I want a sideboards (for want of a better word) for the front room, to put DH records in and record player etc on top of. Not really sure how i should search for what i am looking for on internet.
urban sideboard? retro sideboard?
Have been searching my copies of living etc with no luck! Please advise.

blanchedevereaux Tue 16-Aug-11 19:35:27

Do you want to hide the records from view? If not, we have some of these: www.i-cubes.co.uk/12-inch-lp-vinyl-storage-shop.html

tethersend Tue 16-Aug-11 19:39:19

ebay

blanchedevereaux Tue 16-Aug-11 19:40:02

However these are beautiful but a touch expensive!

Rosietheriveter28 Tue 16-Aug-11 19:51:12

Ikea expedit unit are perfect for storing records and the 2 x 4 unit when lay on its side is perfect for placing record player on. The 2 x 4 takes approximately 600 records if that helps. I have the white ones in a victorian place with stripped floorboards and intricate cornicing / other period features but with generally modern furnishings. Really happy with how they look.

krisskross Tue 16-Aug-11 22:35:54

great thanks for these suggestions.

krisskross Tue 16-Aug-11 22:44:44

rosie- just looked at the expedit. do you think its sturdy? we have a two year old and a three year old and they would be very intrigued to see daddys record player .....would it fall over easily? guess the weight of records would help? thanks!

badgerhead Wed 17-Aug-11 10:18:45

I have an expedit that is used for toy storage in my house with masses of stuff on top. My minded children do not even attempt to climb on it as the 'holes' are full of storage boxes & even if they weren't i'm sure a quick & firm no would stop them in their tracks. The shelving is strongly made & looks good as well.

Rosietheriveter28 Wed 17-Aug-11 14:44:00

KrissKross - it comes with bracketsn so you can fix to the wall. (Although you have still have to buy the wall fixings depending on brick / plasterboard etc) So they're very sturdy from that perspective. I haven't done it with mine only because my DS is 11 and well past the stage of fiddling but my friends have similar set ups and a few have done and it's going nowhere. Hope it helps.

krisskross Wed 17-Aug-11 15:24:06

thats great, thanks rosie and badger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now