Talk

Advanced search

Rayburn 680KCD

(3 Posts)
atalantis Mon 15-Aug-11 11:40:47

Does anyone have one of these? We need to overhaul our central heating system (at the moment we have night store heaters) and are off the gas network. We're going to go for oil as the fuel source but are wondering whether to put in a Rayburn 680KCD (efficient, condensing range to heat water and do central heating) or a more conventional Grant condensing boiler. Does anyone have any experience of either?

7to25 Mon 15-Aug-11 13:56:43

My PIL have this Rayburn and love it for both cooking and heating. Prior to having it installed they has a conventional oil boiler. They find it economical as they "live" in the large kitchen and it is always cozy.
I have no direct comparison with your other option. My PIL live in the country and are very cost conscious but I know that they love the Rayburn.

atalantis Mon 15-Aug-11 14:08:34

Oh, that's good to hear, 7to25. The Rayburn would be a much bigger initial outlay, but pretty much everyone I know who has one says that they wouldn't be without one. My MIL has an Aga and the kids love having their pants warmed up overnight on top of the hot plate covers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now