Talk

Advanced search

moving out of london... where's best? Epsom, Reigate or Guildford?

(8 Posts)
Smyley Fri 12-Aug-11 23:35:00

Help, am so stuck... nothing is coming on the market to buy and we have a short window to move from London before I start back at work after maternity leave next Jan... We want good schools, friendly people and green spaces. We found somewhere in the Stamford Green area in Epsom... anyone know this?

Decorhate Sun 14-Aug-11 08:03:22

Does it have to be Surrey? Out of the three towns you mention, I would go for Guildford.

Smyley Sun 14-Aug-11 08:21:33

Thanks Decorhate.
No - it doesn't have to be Surrey, it's just so hard trying to find somewhere within commutable distance to London when you don't have family or friends living there. We started looking in Surrey as we hear good press about the schools but please feel free to educate me on elsewhere :-)

Gonzo33 Sun 14-Aug-11 15:09:11

I would second Guildford too. Do you need to be able to drive to London or will train suffice? If you can do train I would also look at Fleet. A friend of mine has lived there all her life and she loves it. Railway goes straight into London in an hour I think (roughly).

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/schools-in-fleet.html

School are good. Driving is god awful!!! Your not far from Reading/Camberley/Eversley (great horse riding yard there that I used to work in). Airports are not far. Nice Sunday lunches can be had in the pubs in Hartley Wintney. Nice walks around the lake.

CristinaTheAstonishing Sun 14-Aug-11 19:13:52

I found it v difficult to find something good in Epsom (in our price bracket). We kept an eye on the property market there for about 6 months but nothing came up. I don't know the area you mention. Is it close to the station?

CristinaTheAstonishing Sun 14-Aug-11 19:15:06

Commutable within SW of London: Richmond, Teddington, Twickenham, Kingston, Surbiton, New Malden, Banstead, Cheam.

hf128219 Sun 14-Aug-11 20:54:43

Woking? Cheaper (slightly) houses than Guildford.

kayah Sun 14-Aug-11 20:56:14

Reigate but near enough to Redhill to send them to St Bede's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now