Talk

Advanced search

Corner desk with feature wall. Would it look daft?

(3 Posts)
Beanbeany Fri 12-Aug-11 13:24:07

Hi there. I'm about to paint the study in my new house. It's a small darkish room which I will use a lot for work so I need to maximise space and light. I've chosen a corner desk and various matching cupboards/shelving. The main colour of the room will be cream but I also wanted to paint a feature wall in an olive green colour. Trouble is the only wall I can make a feature of is where the desk will go. A bit like this.

Do you think it would look silly? It looks OK in that pic but it's just a shot of the corner - in the context of a whole room I'm not sure. I'm a bit of a fan of painting everything off-white or cream because I like nice light rooms but I also love colour and I think having a feature wall allows you to be adventurous without compromising on light or making it feel like you live in a pot of cream. TIA

7to25 Sun 14-Aug-11 09:03:16

Do not want to leave you unanswered. My first thought was not to have the feaure wall with the desk as the desk would span the intersection of the two Colours; the room is probably too small to have a feature wall and it is a study and probably not in need of features. What would I do? Possibly a patterned wallpaper, tone on tone in a very pale colour.

Beanbeany Mon 15-Aug-11 09:14:23

Thanks 7to25. I was thinking nobody cared! The intersection was definitely the issue. I really do have to have some kind of feature as I do long hours and will be spending a lot of time looking at those walls working. A lot of the wall will be occupied by shelving so not even much space to hang a nice picture. I think I'm going to go for it and paint it back if it looks awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now