Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a multi-coloured striped wallpaper for DDs room.

(12 Posts)
CroissantNeuf Mon 08-Aug-11 19:02:05

DDs room is long overdue a revamp -she has her heart set on one wall having a multi-coloured horizontal striped/barcode paper having seen an episode of 60min Makeover ages ago.

Has anyone seen any like this but at a 'normal' price?

The nearest I've found is the Harlequin Rush range but, although the price is realistic, it seems to be in single colour ranges eg. pinks or lilacs rather than a proper rainbow of colours

Mandy21 Mon 08-Aug-11 19:53:03

I used Nono Urban Jungle range (going back a year or so now though) - similar sort of price to the Harlequin range but definitely multicoloured (had to find something that would suit a room shared by my boy/girl twins).

The paper was quite expensive but it was a dream to hang (I did it myself) and it looks fab!

CroissantNeuf Mon 08-Aug-11 20:22:33

Thanks Mandy -I'll go and have a google at that range.

noddyholder Mon 08-Aug-11 21:01:29

Disney kids at home do a fairly inexpensive kids striped one. There is also one called barcode about £40 a roll but more sophisticated colourways Have a look on wallpaper direct

noddyholder Mon 08-Aug-11 21:02:29

here

FrumpyPumpy Mon 08-Aug-11 21:11:16

Oh! I wasn't even looking for wallpaper, but might get that Disney one for ds. There are no <whispers> logos on it are there?!

noddyholder Mon 08-Aug-11 21:14:09

No I don't think so!

CroissantNeuf Mon 08-Aug-11 21:27:01

Ouch! My eyes! wink. The Disney one is probably a bit much for DD (she is 11 BTW and has a firm idea on what she wants hmm)

I found some Nono ones but they seem similar to the Harlequin Rush ones in that they are 'sophisticated colourways' (to steal Noddy's phrase).

Thanks for your input everyone.

noddyholder Mon 08-Aug-11 22:28:25

stripe tastic

CroissantNeuf Tue 09-Aug-11 09:18:56

I was looking at those the other day -the Rainbow Stripes Mural is perfect other than the price. It has the proper range of colours in.

I can't justify £111-£220 per roll though.

We'll need 2 rolls to do one wall as it is.

noddyholder Tue 09-Aug-11 11:17:28

Lots of cheaper ones on ebay 7-9 £

CroissantNeuf Thu 11-Aug-11 11:05:43

Finally decided:

Its going to be this one on one wall but put up so the stripes are horizontal (will get a decorator neighbour to do that bit!)

Other 3 walls will be lilac, skirting boards, door frame and wardrobe will be satin wood Almond Cream colour as we have some of that left from our living room and that colour is in the stripe.

I also have some fabrics to recover her chair, redo cushions with etc.

I think I might be busy next week hmm

Thanks for suggestions though everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now