Talk

Advanced search

So how long can we expect buyers to wait while we find somewhere?

(5 Posts)
levantine Wed 03-Aug-11 20:16:52

We are about to put our house on the market, but houses in the area we want to move to don't come up all that often.

We have stopped looking until we are under offer, but once we are under offer, how long can we expect our buyer to wait? We are in a first time buyer house

GnomeDePlume Thu 04-Aug-11 00:11:37

TBH consider moving into rented. I have been in the place of a FTB for three of my house purchases. Each time I wanted the vendor out ASAP. I wouldnt be happy to wait and in fact have rejected a property because it wasnt going to be available soon enough.

tyler80 Thu 04-Aug-11 18:40:05

We are/were FTB (completing next week) and there was so much on the market to be honest that we could afford to be fussy and only consider chain free houses. Like GnomeDePlume says, can you consider going into rented. Puts you in a great position as a buyer too.

levantine Thu 04-Aug-11 18:41:24

sad I don't think we can, we can't really afford to rent round here (near DS school)

Will think about it though

watersign76 Fri 05-Aug-11 08:05:05

It took us 9 months from putting our offer in to moving and most of that was down to us waiting for the seller of what is now house to find somewhere. It was pleasant waiting, but during the wait we looked around and there wasn't anywhere else we wanted so we stuck it out.

It is such a horrible stress thing for all, but there will be people who are willing to wait if they want your house...

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now