We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which IKEA Pax doors for old house?

(14 Posts)
Pannacotta Wed 03-Aug-11 10:56:16

We are converting one of our bedrooms to a massive dressing/storage room and I want to put in a whole wall of Pax wardrobes, in the taller height.

Any recommendations on which door style would look best? Our house is victorian and quite quirky, so am not going for a sleek, modern look. I hope the Pax system will look ok, as we cant afford to have custom built cupboards.
Thanks...

teta Wed 03-Aug-11 12:14:15

Pannacotta i can't help you but i would be interested in the answer as i have the same problem as you.I need large amounts of storage for my kids rooms as inherited [yucky mfi ]wardrobes are now falling apart.The local carpenter is in line for millionaire of the year judging by the prices he quotes.

Pannacotta Wed 03-Aug-11 13:36:12

I know what you mean, I havet had proper quotes but I know it would be thousands of pounds, also the Pax system is great for all the accessories.

Just dont want it to look too IKEA-ish if that makes sense.
Did wonder about having panelled doors made to go on the Pax frames , but they woudl be very heavy...

smalltownshame Wed 03-Aug-11 13:36:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

7to25 Wed 03-Aug-11 14:16:30

stained ash veneer and mirrored glass

noddyholder Wed 03-Aug-11 18:15:46

I think the simple ones would look great in a period house.

Honneybunny Wed 03-Aug-11 18:35:14

we have pax solid wood doors made from untreated beech (i think). if i recall correctly they are called miraker or something similar. not sure but i think this style was possibly discontinued. if not i think they would look great, as you could stain them (varnish?), or leave untreated.

Pannacotta Thu 04-Aug-11 08:42:11

Thanks all, my preference is for very simple, possibly in white, I probably need to go and have a look in IKEA....

thehairybabysmum Thu 04-Aug-11 08:53:21

I have got the white panelled ones. Can look for a pic later if you want.

Pannacotta Thu 04-Aug-11 16:19:21

Yes please hairy, that would be good.

Deux Thu 04-Aug-11 21:41:48

hi have you seen www.ikeahackers.net ? it's a fab site and amazing what people have done with Pax wardrobe doors. May offer some inspiration?

Pannacotta Sat 06-Aug-11 09:41:09

Thanks Deux, that is an interesting site, will do some browsing...

thehairybabysmum Mon 08-Aug-11 22:17:34

they are a bit like this, 2 not 4 panels though....
here

Pannacotta Tue 09-Aug-11 08:15:35

They look smart hairy, thanks for the link.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now