Talk

Advanced search

what colour to paint walls to go with a silvery grey sofa?

(8 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Sun 31-Jul-11 21:25:01

I'm planning on decorating the living room- it's currently cream walls but we just got a new sofa and I fancy being a bit bolder with colour. The sofa is silvery grey, we are getting a new carpet and this will probably be a stone / minky colour.

Thanks for any suggestions!

nakedandangry Sun 31-Jul-11 22:37:10

What is your favourite colour?

With a grey sofa I was going to suggest Pale Lime by Little Greene paint, but since you are going for a stoney carpet that might not sit so well. Perehaps a burnt orange?

OR pick one of the lovely wallpapers around now with a grey or neutral background and and a stronger colour in the detail, Harlequin papers are lovely for instance.

ilikeyoursleeves Sun 31-Jul-11 22:44:02

My fave colour is green but we already have a pale green hall. I fancy a plum /purple wall where the fireplace is & do the other 3 walls cream, not sure if I'd go off it quickly though?

nakedandangry Sun 31-Jul-11 22:48:40

Sounds lovely! In that case I would have Pelt by Farrow and ball, or the the aubergine colour erm...Brinjal.

Paint is very easy to paint over if it's a cockup.

LisMcA Sun 31-Jul-11 22:50:39

This is the colour I have. Just posted on another thread! Sofa is dark raspberry colour, but cusions and curtains are silver.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 31-Jul-11 22:51:52

Was just going to say brinjal or brassica also by F&B

nakedandangry Sun 31-Jul-11 22:54:40

Yes MrsCampbell has it, the new brassica colour.

ilikeyoursleeves Thu 04-Aug-11 20:02:12

I painted the living room today & used mulberry by sanctuary (homebase posh range) & I'm doing the other 3 walls in candlelight by sanctuary. It looks fab! Just about to try to finish it now. quick question, what colour carpet do you think will go with that colour scheme? We have grey sofas. thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now