Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Poynton.

(5 Posts)
Bobbywes Wed 27-Jul-11 21:52:09

Hello,
We are considering relocating to Poynton - we have 3 children 5, 3 and 6 months. Is it a good place to live? how is it for children - schools, activities etc?

Ohforfoxsake Wed 27-Jul-11 22:01:52

I know a few people who have moved there, and to surrounding areas. Seems to be very popular with families, good schools and close to countryside. Where are you moving from? We recently relocated to the NW and really like it up here. smile

Bobbywes Wed 27-Jul-11 22:21:14

Thanks. Moving from South Sheffield area - other side of peak district so don't want to be far away from countryside but without living too remote. Poynton seems a good bet, but keen to hear from fellow mums if it is good for kids and friendly for newcomers?!

TooManyBlossoms Wed 27-Jul-11 22:38:07

Ooh I went to a big agricultural show there a couple of years ago. It was really good, and the cows all seemed to be very shiny, if that's a good sign of a nice place to live grin.

MatLeaveForever Thu 28-Jul-11 09:54:57

I live quite close by and am moving to Hazel Grove soon - Poynton is lovely but the only negative I know about is that traffic is a nightmare as they always seem to be doing roadworks in the centre of Poynton - it may not bother you if you don't need to commute far for work etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now