Talk

Advanced search

What are peoples thoughts re: property prices over the next year?...

(6 Posts)
Becaroooo Tue 26-Jul-11 12:27:33

....in the East Mids??

We are (now) going to be renting for a year (at least) and I was wondering whether people think the market is going to fall much more?

Its certainly fallen around here (by 20% since the housing market slump) and if it continues to do so, I wonder by how much??

Any websites I could check out?

TIA

foodjunkie Thu 28-Jul-11 21:27:17

I think it's a general rule of thumb that when prices are how, interest rates are low & vice versa. Given that "they" suspect interest rates will rise, this suggests that house prices will fall so as to keep things on an even keel & in balance.

So in answer to your question, personally I think it depends on what the B of E do.

I think we'd all love to know the answer smile

SingleMan25b Fri 29-Jul-11 01:07:57

www.housepricecrash.co.uk is a good starting point.

Becaroooo Fri 29-Jul-11 08:03:10

Thank you, will check it out

SingleMan25b Fri 29-Jul-11 13:03:46

If your buying or selling its worth running PropertyBee as well: http://www.property-bee.com/

EssentialFattyAcid Sat 30-Jul-11 16:18:54

With the euro zone falling apart, and defaulting on debt rife even potentially in the USA I would say that there is only one way for house prices to go. This will be particularly bad in the areas worst hit by unemployment and in areas with relatively high percentages of public service employees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now