Talk

Advanced search

Nice net curtains/privacy solution

(8 Posts)
shoots Mon 25-Jul-11 20:15:54

I've just moved into a house which is overlooked at the back by neighbouring windows. I have been given some rather dated looking nets which are ok as a temporary solution but would like something 'funkier' if there is such a thing? Can't find anything nice on the internet from googling! Or has anyone any other suggestions for privacy instead of using nets?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 25-Jul-11 20:26:52

Do you need them full length? Cos if you could have them half covered you could have French cafe style curtains - I have this and I got antique lace panels on eBay.

shoots Mon 25-Jul-11 20:31:25

Yes unfortunately I think they would need to be full length or that sounds like a nice option! Might have a little look on ebay though - thanks

VitaEstBonus Mon 25-Jul-11 20:34:02

I think 'nice net curtains' is an oxymoron.

A voile panel or wooden venetian blinds?

imabiggirlnow Mon 25-Jul-11 20:35:53

You could use window film, have just put some on my children's rooms and they look very professional.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 25-Jul-11 20:36:31

Yes, ikea voile panels might be your best bet. They have some really pretty ones.

lawnimp Mon 25-Jul-11 20:37:16

i don't get the hate for net curtains, as long as they're plain and bright white what's the problem

shoots Mon 25-Jul-11 20:38:30

grin I know what you mean VitaEstBonus!

Like the idea of blinds but would have to be custom made for our weird sized windows and we don't have the budget atm. Window film sounds interesting - will have a look for that...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now