Talk

Advanced search

If you had to work in Wolverhampton where would you live ?

(15 Posts)
HeatherSmall Mon 25-Jul-11 20:08:45

Within say an hour commute, nice for children and a preteen who will be a teen all too quickly.
Thank you

IvyAndGold Mon 25-Jul-11 20:31:09

We're in Wednesfield, near Ashmore Park which is quite a nice area. It's about 20min drive into Wolverhampton centre. Sedgley and Coseley have some nice areas too, they're a bit further, maybe 40min.

scurryfunge Mon 25-Jul-11 20:33:14

Ironbridge area is nice...bit further out. Telford, if you want modern convenience but less character.

MabliD Mon 25-Jul-11 20:44:29

Depends how much money you've got!

Hagley/Bromsgrove/Pedmore/Bridgenorth (and the villages around it)/Wombourne/parts of Kingswinford are all pretty nice and within easy bus/train travel to busy places for teens. Decent schools within all their catchment areas too. Penn is on the outskirts of Wolverhampton itself and is ok - but the people who live there think it's nicer than it is!

There are plenty of less 'posh' bits though that are really a perfectly nice place to live (I grew up in Brierley Hill / Dudley and it was fab smile )

thehairybabysmum Mon 25-Jul-11 20:53:06

Shifnal, Albrighton areas

Kormachameleon Mon 25-Jul-11 20:55:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

raspberryroop Mon 25-Jul-11 21:04:59

Parts of Cannock are really nice near the chase -

HeatherSmall Mon 25-Jul-11 21:13:28

Around £1500 a month rent, I don't want to buy for now.
Thanks for the tips so far, schools are the priority.

hubbard86 Mon 25-Jul-11 21:31:34

tettenhall village within a city. Only 15mins to city centre, some good schools in area. Tettenhall college, st michaels, st peters, st edmunds, kings school. Penn is nice. 15mins to city centre. Not sure about schools there though st barts. Codsall/bilbrook.

Tonksforthememories Mon 25-Jul-11 21:34:35

My SIL lives in Tettenhall and loves it, but within an hour try Pedmore maybe, or Halesowen.There's some fantastic schools there and it's only 30ish mins from Wolverhampton.

CJMommy Mon 25-Jul-11 21:40:15

£1500 per month - wow!

Tettenhall/Tettenhall Village - good schools and transport.

Priorslee nice in telford with excellent primary. £1000 for a very nice 4 bed, double garage etc. Approx 40 min commute to Wolves from there though.

Bridgnorth is beautiful, 30-40 mins into wolves from there.

Shifnal/Albrighton also very nice, 25 mins ish commute.

Lots of outlying villages - seisdon/lower penn/worfield/claverley/trysull

HeatherSmall Mon 25-Jul-11 22:24:24

I spent many a day at the severn valley railways as a child and remember bridgenorth and kiddie as being pretty but dull, would that be fair ? Especially for teenagers ? Am happy to be proven wrong as it looks lovely.

Ivortheengine8 Mon 25-Jul-11 22:27:35

My dad worked at the hospital for 10 years there and we lived in Shrewsbury. I think it used to take about 40 minutes.

Pekkala Mon 25-Jul-11 22:33:44

I grew up in Bridgnorth, it's very, very beautiful and a lovely community. Lots of lovely surrounding villages. Probably not the most kicking social scene/nightlife for teenagers though (but lots of lovely real ale pubs for the grown ups).

MabliD Tue 26-Jul-11 18:26:52

Bridgenorth not the epitomy of excitement for a teenager I guess, but they can always catch the bus somewhere more exciting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now