Talk

Advanced search

Young family needs to find a nice area to live outside central London

(9 Posts)
Londonbaby Sun 24-Jul-11 21:45:10

Hello, I currently live in Westminster in London but with one 2yr old and another one on the way, we need to find a bigger place outside of zone 1. I am looking for a suburb or town with good state primary schools, reasonable train journey (20-30min) into London for myself, and reasonable driving (30min) to Langley (near Slough) for husband. After searching all the threads, I narrowed down to following areas: Ealing,London; Gerrard Cross or Beaconsfield in Buckinghamshire, Esher, Surbiton, Epsom in Surrey. Have I missed any place nice and hopefully can get a 3-bed house for under £500K?

Karbea Sun 24-Jul-11 22:01:34

I live in beaconsfield and I'm moving to gerrards cross.

This is nice www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33685400.html

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15790812.html?premiumA=true

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34380314.html

There are quite a few, take a look at right move.

Agapanthii Mon 25-Jul-11 09:02:16

I'd add Kingston Upon Thames, Thames Ditton, Hampton and surrounding areas. Avoid Richmond, your 500k won't go far, but you might stretch to Teddington? Esher, on your list is lovely.

LaGuerta Mon 25-Jul-11 10:13:20

Guildford? 35 mins to Waterloo. About the same to Slough traffic depending? this is very central for shops and station: towncentre

Londonbaby Mon 25-Jul-11 15:46:21

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Very useful. I am not from the UK therefore any local knowledge would be helpful.

NeedaCostume Sat 30-Jul-11 23:04:49

Have you considered Ruislip or Eastcote, or North Uxbridge. Lovely pleasant suburbs - 35 mins to Baker St on Met line, about 30 mins to Langley I reckon.

You could get a good 3-4 bed semi on a nice road near good schools for £500K.

Londonbaby Sat 30-Jul-11 23:51:00

Thank you! I will definitely look into those areas!

strawberrypink Sun 31-Jul-11 11:59:43

i have lived in stoneleigh near ewell and epsom for 15 years and i have raised all my five children and it has good schools and nurseries lovely parks good train services into london and bus services on to epsom and kingston .

mymumdom Sun 31-Jul-11 12:02:37

We live in Eastcote and I would definitely recommend the area for young families.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now