Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oak flooring / worktops - can anyone recommend an online supplier please?

(6 Posts)
sybilfaulty Sun 24-Jul-11 09:09:12

Hi there

We are having our kitchen and dining room made into a family room and need to put new flooring in and get worktops for the new kitchen. Can anyone recommend somewhere online where you can buy this? Similarly, if anyone has had a bad experience, it would be great it you could let me know which shop to avoid!

Many thanks

sybilfaulty Sun 24-Jul-11 12:16:29

teta Sun 24-Jul-11 21:30:36

Worktop Express for worktops [obviously!],not sure about flooring.

sixtiesqueen Mon 25-Jul-11 09:32:41

On a negative note, we are doing a big renovation project at the moment and we wanted an oak floor in the family room - however - we were warned against this by several people who already have one fitted (including the builder) because of the maintenance involved - they do scratch and need re-sanding eventually plus you have to treat them and the wood can fade.

With this in mind, we've decided on wood-look Amtico flooring, which is much more durable and honestly looks like real wood. The best price we found is in John Lewis, who supply the top-end stuff for £58 per square metre and the basic stuff for £31. The fitting cost is £18 per square metre and £20 for more elaborate designs such as herringbone.

cece Mon 25-Jul-11 09:34:45

I got my worktops from Barncrest and very happy with worktop and service. Top notch.

cece Mon 25-Jul-11 09:36:06

Oh yes we have Amtico in our kitchen/family room too but the tile look ones. We bought ours online from simplyamtico and it was the cheapest we found it. I found a local man to fit it for me recommneded by my kitchen fitter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now