Talk

Advanced search

Consumer rights on fitted bathroom products

(2 Posts)
BettyBathroom Fri 22-Jul-11 20:23:45

I had a basin fitted last week - delivered to site and fitted before I checked it over. It has a lump on the top surface - like a large pimple - clearly a manufacturing fault. I noticed it immediately (dh didn't - what is it with men, plumber didn't see it either?) phoned bathroom people next day and they said fine we'll change it but try to remove as much silcone as you can as sometimes they can get a bit sniffy about fitted products, she said do the best you can but don't worry too much.

That sales person went on holiday on Wed and today I get a phone call from her colleague informing me that if I didn't get rid of every last bit of silicone and there was any evidence that the basin had been fitted that they would not be able to replace it free of change.

Surely I can claim under the Sale of goods act for the good not being of sufficient quality due to a manufacturing fault and surely that has nothing to do with whether it was fitted? I am potentially going to be charged extra by the plumber and I don't believe I should have to buy silicone remover as well as all the bloody inconvenience.

So am I being unreasonable - do I have to remove the silcone and all evidence of human contact to get a faulty good replaced?

WhatsWrongWithYou Fri 22-Jul-11 20:29:09

Sounds a bit rubbish - but sorry I don't know the answer to your question. Anything useful here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now