Talk

Advanced search

Do you think this wallpaper/fabric is ok for a teenage girl?

(11 Posts)
Dancergirl Wed 20-Jul-11 19:56:15

Further to my earlier post about doing up my dd's room, we've found some wallpaper and fabric that she likes. It's actually from a children's range from Harlequin but fairly simple - wallpaper is a cream background with lilac hearts and the fabric is the opposite - lilac background with cream hearts.

It's this collection:

http://www.harlequin.uk.com/collection.aspx?ID=62&P=3&C=3

I think it's really nice but I'm just concerned that she won't like it in a few years. Would teenage girls go for hearts?

WhipMeIndiana Wed 20-Jul-11 19:57:02

re link??

Dancergirl Thu 21-Jul-11 08:16:01

Anyone?

ditavonteesed Thu 21-Jul-11 08:18:49

I would think a teenager would soon go off that, it is very l.ittle girly (however would love it for my little girls).

LIZS Thu 21-Jul-11 08:19:52

Lovely but perhaps a bit twee. I'd keep the walls plain lilac/cream and use the fabrics so you could adapt as time goes on

SleepySuzy Thu 21-Jul-11 08:22:10

www.harlequin.uk.com/collection.aspx?ID=62&P=3&C=3 I quite like it. Not for me, but if the girl was very feminine I think it would be ok.

SoupDragon Thu 21-Jul-11 08:22:57

It would probably be fine on a "feature wall" with plain walls elsewhere. I don't think I"d use both the paper and the fabric though.

SoupDragon Thu 21-Jul-11 08:23:39

You could glam it up with silver accessories and a funky light fitting.

Gonzo33 Thu 21-Jul-11 13:58:18

I think that is a bit young for a teenager, so I expect you'd have to change it then.

SkelleyBones Thu 21-Jul-11 14:01:34

We have that exact paper for my 7 and 9 year olds, they love it.
I bought ruffle curtains and bedding that is a silky fabric for a more grown up feel as they get older but I fully expected them to want it changed in 5 years, every room needs doing every 4-5 years in this house.

SkelleyBones Thu 21-Jul-11 14:02:09

Curtains and bedding is from Next if you wanted to have a look the colour is a great match.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now