Talk

Advanced search

Having our house valued

(4 Posts)

did you clean like buttery beforehand? Or is it ok as long as floorspace can be seen? <hopes> Also, I'm planning on telling the agent to cut the crap and give me an honest figure for what he thinks the house can make in this Market, and also to give a realistic timescale for selling. Will that scare him do you think? <twitches at the thought of doing this again>

wideawakenurse Wed 20-Jul-11 16:33:24

I have just had two valuations. I think you need to make sure the house looks fairly presentable. This will hopefully give the EA he impression that the house will view well.

I asked the EA to be honest, and I explained that having bought and sold three times in the last seven years, we are old hands at the game. I think it's worth mentioning that you want to be marketing the property at a price that will attract viewers.

levantine Wed 20-Jul-11 16:42:07

I would have it pretty clean and tidy tbh so that he can see it close to how potential buyers would.

We asked ours which of the potential odd jobs we thought were glaring we should do and he said don't bother with any of them.

Ok. Have cleaned/tidied but not to the extent that it's show home standard. If we have viewings, I'll hide all of our 'personal' bits and bobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now