Talk

Advanced search

What Farrow & Ball colour did you paint your neutral nursery?

(5 Posts)
HarderToKidnap Wed 20-Jul-11 13:17:22

Having a baby, sex unknown. Browsing the F&B colours (love their finishes and their feel goes with our house, but of course I am interested in other paint makes!) and liking Cats Paw, Pigeon, Lichen and Ball Green. What colour did you do your neutral nursery and are you pleased with it? Thanks.

LemonDifficult Wed 20-Jul-11 13:42:30

If I can give a bit of very personal advice: drab colours don't suit nurseries. Could you try Dimity or Pale Powder? Something with at least a hint of cheerful colour?

FunnysInTheGarden Wed 20-Jul-11 14:36:22

We used Parma Grey in the nursery. We did know we were having a boy though, but chose a neutralish colour just in case they were wrong! It is a good background colour for either a boys or girls colour scheme I think, and not too 'babyish' either. BTW our bedroom has Pale Powder in it and it's lovely.

minipie Wed 20-Jul-11 19:22:58

Ok ours isn't not a nursery yet as we're only at the TTC stage smile but we have painted the nursery a room that may some day house a baby in F&B Pointing. It's a very nice off white/cream colour - enough warmth and colour that it's not just white but neutral enough to go with anything.

I'm assuming that any nursery will end up with brightly coloured stuff in it so I'm not sure that any of the sludgey F&B colours would really go.

I would also recommend Little Greene Paint Co, their colours seem to be just a little bit less sludgey than F&B.

microserf Wed 20-Jul-11 20:07:33

we did ours in wimbourne white, with the plan to have very bright colour accents. seems fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now