Talk

Advanced search

Renovating kitchen on a very tight budget

(3 Posts)
LadyGrace Tue 19-Jul-11 20:54:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I used Crown cupboard makeover paint on my old kitchen and replaced the handles, it looked brand new. I used the small gloss rollers to apply it (not a brush as it advises on the tin) as it stops you getting brushmarks and you can do it much quicker. I also got cream roller blinds and stuck on beaded trim from Dunelm Mill (it looks nicer than it sounds). I had to go to Ikea for my new handles as that's where the old ones were from and they were a slightly different size from the ones you get in Wickes, B&Q etc. I also painted over the tiles (used Dulux first and it had a horrible bubbly finish so had to take it off and use Ronseal instead). I had great fun doing it, good luck!

Mammonite Fri 29-Jul-11 15:26:49

One way to save money is to really shop hard for trade suppliers of handles, etc rather than the DIY places. Such as Screwfix.

You can get cupboard paint or if the doors are real wood, normal eggshell paint over the proper primer should come up OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now