Talk

Advanced search

Greenish grey paint on windows/doors of cottages

(10 Posts)
voituredepompier Tue 19-Jul-11 13:58:24

I am wondering if anyone can help with the name/make of a paint colour.

We want to paint the outside woodwork on our house and I have seen lots of cottage type houses with a greenish gray paint on the woodwork but having now bought about 10 sample pots, have so far failed to find the right colour. If anyone has painted woodwork in such a colour and can tell me the name, it would be appreciated.

thanks

Orlando Tue 19-Jul-11 14:00:43

We have one called Green Smoke by Farrow and Ball on our front door. Will see if I can find a link...

Orlando Tue 19-Jul-11 14:03:55

www.farrow-ball.com/green-smoke/colours//fcp-product/100047
Blimey, looks MUCH darker on screen than it does in reality!! I'd say it's worth a try, but if you want something lighter blue gray is nice.

ChippyMinton Tue 19-Jul-11 14:08:09

Do the National Trust do a paint range? That green-grey colour is often used on their properties.

ChippyMinton Tue 19-Jul-11 14:09:29

anything here?

hobnob Tue 19-Jul-11 20:16:42

Our kitchen is greenish grey and is the same colour as F&B French Grey. If you want to see a pic google Benchmarx Borrowdale.

hobnob Tue 19-Jul-11 20:18:43

Here:

www.benchmarxjoinery.co.uk/?pageId=8&hierarchy=Kitchens&category=13&subCategory=3&products=true

It looks different in different lights (obviously - sorry!) - sometimes greenier or darker.

petitdonkey Tue 19-Jul-11 20:21:15

F&B's Blue Grey is gorgeous. I have Verre de Terre (sp?) and it's lovely but much greener. You can email sales@farrow-ball.com for colour advice - they are really helpful.

Booboostoo Tue 19-Jul-11 20:53:08

Farrow and Ball also do Pigeon which is an absolutely gorgeous, Georgian period, greenish-grey colour. We've had two passers by knock on our door to ask what kind of colour it was!

noddyholder Tue 19-Jul-11 21:24:06

French gray is lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now