Talk

Advanced search

Tell me what colour to paint our bedroom!

(16 Posts)
MissVerinder Mon 18-Jul-11 21:42:12

Not red or green. We have an oak wardrobe that I can't paint, but everything else is paintable/changeable.

I have no idea, and the paint brochures all look generic. It's not a massive room at all, but gets light all through the day.

Thank you.... Please help me!

SNOWBall4girlz Mon 18-Jul-11 21:44:33

painting my new bedroom lilac and going to accessorize with darker purple stuff x

MissVerinder Mon 18-Jul-11 21:48:47

Ooooooh, DD's bedroom is dark lilac, and I really like it, maybe I could get a lighter shade of the same colour?

maiT Mon 18-Jul-11 21:51:43

at the moment im lovining plum/purple/burgandy colours

LemonDifficult Mon 18-Jul-11 22:03:37

If you like lilac but don't want to do it Changing Rooms style circa 2000 then check out the Little Greene Paint Company - Weekend is an absolutely gorgeous, stylish shade, very pale. Also look at Whisper, Welcome and Welcome Dark. If You like something more decisive then go for Clockwise here

If you like blues my current favourites are Bone China Blue (Little Greene) or Parma Grey

I'm about to do a guest bedroom in Yellow - possibly this but more likely this although my favourite F&B yellows are Babouche or Orangery.

LemonDifficult Mon 18-Jul-11 22:12:41

Meant to add - if you aren't wedded to the idea of Duck Egg Sodding Blue then avoid it. Nothing will say 2010/2011 like duck egg blue. It's a decorating plague, I tell you.

purpleflower123 Mon 18-Jul-11 22:15:52

I have lilac on the walls with blackcurrant bedding, curtains and lamp shade. It's really cosy. I love it smile

MissVerinder Mon 18-Jul-11 22:19:16

Oh, Lemon I was considering DEB for the hall/stair/landing which is a massive area. And loads of people will see it.

I'm going to check out the links x

LemonDifficult Mon 18-Jul-11 22:26:57

Oh, sorry! I'm sure yours will be a very nice DEB. I hear it's very fashionable.

MissVerinder Mon 18-Jul-11 23:05:08

Lemon I did wonder if it was a bit trendy for such a large area! I might save it for the downstairs loo!

I have looked at Littlegreene, and fallen in love with ashes of roses. I really really like it!

LemonDifficult Mon 18-Jul-11 23:13:39

Ashes of Roses is gorgeous. would it work on the hall...?

MissVerinder Tue 19-Jul-11 11:13:59

Quite possibly, it's really light in there, so I think we could get away with it. I'm not sure which colour curtains we'd put in the upstairs window though. There's currently a green stripy roman blind. It's 'orrible!

mamijacacalys Sat 23-Jul-11 18:24:41

Thanks lemon.
Got a LGP welcome tester pot today, after much dickering about F&B blackened and other greys.
Is fab! Now planning the rest - bedding etc.
smile

GrottyPotPlant Sat 23-Jul-11 19:47:44

Hee hee, there was me feeling all unique with my lilac bedroom (F&B Calluna, dark purple and pale blue bedding, mostly dark wood antique furniture, some pale wood vintage bits. Ignore the Ikea wardrobe...) It's luvverly. It's a bright but north facing room, and it's just so tranquil and restful.

daisie4 Sat 23-Jul-11 22:57:42

Oh Mami, which shade of welcome did you get? - I got the darkest tester for our bathroom but I think I was after a much sludgier colour.

mamijacacalys Sun 24-Jul-11 19:49:28

Daisie
Welcome 109. Is quite light.
Went and got a F&B blackened tester today and think I will actually go for that. The Welcome 109 is pinkish by comparison. << decisive>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now